Saturday, August 11, 2012

"Beach Desires" by Melissa Keir (Contemporary Romance)



Genre:  Contemporary Romance, Erotic, Gay

Summary:  Can a summer fling last a lifetime? Stacey Wilder escapes to the beach for a much needed vacation and meets a woman who tempts her passion. But Stacey hid her desires growing up because small town Catholic girls don’t fall in love with other women.

Mandy Kenzie is a Southern girl who also dealt with discrimination growing up over her choice of lovers. When she meets Stacey, sparks fly and passion ignites. But will their beach fling become a forever match or just a vacation affair?

Can Stacey and Mandy make their long distance relationship work? Or will they let the prejudices of their upbringing ruin their chance at happiness?

Excerpt:

Dinner with Mandy was perfect. We had a lot in common, finding that we both shared a passion for muscle cars. Most of our discussion was innocent, yet the desire for each other simmered under the surface.

“When did you realize you were a lesbian?” she inquired as she reached over to put her hand on top of mine.

The touch of her skin on mine caused my pussy to clench. Her full lips drew my gaze. I thought about kissing them, running my tongue along them before nibbling on her bottom lip. Focusing on her question, I knew she would understand my thoughts and fears.

“I’ve known since I was a teenager. I left my hometown after graduation, never looking back. Now my sister is getting married. She asked me to be a part of her wedding party. I really don’t want to go back to Amherst to face my past, but since my dad has Alzheimer’s, I’m afraid if I don’t go back for the wedding, I won’t see him again in this lifetime.”

“I understand. Living in the South, being different was frowned upon. I hid my desires as well. Luckily times have changed. I’m able to express my needs now, rather than hide them. Why are you so afraid to go back to your hometown?”

Speaking to Mandy about my past and my life was easy. I felt an instant connection to her in addition to the desire I had for her body.

“My town was very small. The people were small minded. If you didn’t have a boyfriend, you were teased. So I pretended to like guys, even “dated” some to keep my secret. Even with my family’s support, I’m nervous about going back and facing the people I knew. I’m worried about what they will think of me.”

“I understand your fears. However, you shouldn’t worry about them. You are a successful, caring person. Who you love doesn’t have anything to do with what kind of person you are. Let’s get out of here. Would you like to take a walk on the beach? I love the beach at night.”

“I’d love to. There is something about the waves crashing and the feeling of being alone in the world that I love,” I answered with a smile. “This has been a wonderful dinner. I’m enjoying getting to know you.”

The drive back to the condominium was quiet as we were each lost in our own thoughts. Anxious to get Mandy alone on the beach, I wanted to steal a kiss. I’d been fantasizing of her lips all night and couldn’t wait to see if they felt as soft as they looked.

Buy this story on Amazon, B&N or All Romance Ebooks.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for allowing me to share my story. Recently Beach Desires was reviewed by Two Lips Reviews and got a wonderful write up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I love this story's cover, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Dawne Domonique from SCP did it! She is amazing!

    ReplyDelete